Network lets users easily create and animate complex networks of dots and connecting lines in Adobe After Effects. It’s "connect the dots" for grown-ups - ideal for creating abstract science and technology-themed backgrounds.
Create unlimited groups of dots that you can animate independently using the motion controls, and connect them within their group, or with other dot groups - giving you more control in your animations. Use a variety of types of lines, such as straight, dotted, lightning, and audio-driven waveforms. Slider controls allow for quick and easy customization of points and lines.
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions (included Creative Cloud). Works with both Mac and PC. No plug-ins required.
- Comps are HD, 1920x1080. The network effect will work just as well in 4K, or other resolutions. Refer to video tutorial for instructions on changing resolution.
- The network effect is not a 3D effect. It is a 2D effect that can be easily modified to imitate a 3D look with a camera layer and depth of field (instructions in video tutorial).
- There is no automatic way to create "network text", as seen in the 4th animation in the demo video, since dot placement is generally random. However, you can manually move individual dots to any position, and form text or other specific shapes in that way.
- You can add unlimited dots and lines. Although the effect is fairly fast, it will run slower the more dots and lines it uses.
- This template has been "universalized", so it will work in After Effects running in any language.
- Music in preview video not included. An audio file is included for driving the audio waveforms.
The Network template is not a plugin. It's an Adobe After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because most of the work is already done and the user needs only to make their own adjustments. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
Because the Network template contains copyrighted intellectual property, the sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.