Space Effects Collection
Space Effects Collection allows anyone with After Effects to easily make stunning 3D space animations. This template includes a galaxy and all the major celestial bodies of our solar system. The effects are ready to go - just animate your 3D camera to move through space, and it's ready to render. The look of your scene can be customized with easy-to-use slider controls.
For the editor on a deadline, there are six ready-made, customizable title animations, and 15 basic fly-by animations, covering all the celestial bodies. Just export and you're done!
- Compatible with Adobe After Effects, versions CS5 and all later versions (including Creative Cloud). Works on both Mac and PC. No plugins required.
- Comps are HD, 1920x1080.
- Planets use high-resolution texture maps to create their surface. Earth has three land texture maps to choose from - 1) a bright, colorful map, 2) a darker, more realistic map, and 3) a nighttime map showing lights from urban areas. The nighttime map is in the main comp and turned off by default. Just turn the layer on to overlay the lights over your daytime texture. All land maps are without clouds. The clouds use a separate map, so their rotation can be separate from the land, if desired.
- Texture maps are 4000x2000 pixels (8 MP). Additional comps using higher-resolution (32 MP) maps are included for Earth and Mars, allowing for even more detailed close-ups. With the 32 MP Earth comp, you can zoom in on a large country, like the USA, and maintain full resolution.
- Jupiter has automatic atmospheric evolution - i.e., the swirling of storms and warping of clouds. These warping effects are optional.
- The galaxy use a combination of particles and an photo texture map. There are two photo textures to choose from. In addition to the constant rotation of the galaxy, the image texture also has a swirling effect, so the center of the galaxy is twirling faster than the outer sides of the galaxy.
- Each celestial body comes inside its own individual comp. The "Solar System" comp combines the celestial bodies, and allows you to easily customize each planet's orbit position and orbit speed.
- "Space Music" (heard in the preview video) is included.
The Space Effects Collection template is not a plugin. It's an Adobe After Effects project file, commonly known as a "template" because the work is already done and the user needs only to make their own adjustments, then render. This template is compatible with version CS5 as well as all later versions of After Effects.
Texture maps and space images are courtesy of NASA / Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the USGS. For more great public domain space images, search the JPL image gallery.
The Space Effects Collection template contains copyrighted intellectual property. The sharing or online posting of project files with or for anyone other than a client is prohibited. See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Positive and/or negative feedback is appreciated. Use the contact page to send me a message.